10.4.13

Signs of spring & NGC 1245

After the least astronomy friendly winter I can remember with a total lack of clear skies and a wealth of cold and windy weather the inspiration to do any astrophotography has been almost totally absent. With signs of spring now grudgingly appearing I'm feeling more inclined to slide off the observatory roof if an opportunity arises to do some imaging. During my last session back in early December 2012 I took the subs for the open cluster NGC 1245 but never finished processing them so at last I have got round to producing a new image for the blog in an effort to revive my enthusiasm now we return to the galaxy laden skies of spring. At mag.8.4 and with some nice star chains  NGC 1245 lies in Perseus.  Details: Megrez 88 apo. 10 x 8 minute exposures @ iso1600 with CLS in DSS, FIV, CS2 & XAT.

No comments: