23.7.12

Time to blow off the cobwebs

After one of the longest periods of astrophotography downtime since I started this blog a spell of high pressure produced a long awaited clear sky. Not having fired up my system for such an extended period it was a relief to find that everything still seemed to be working OK. Though we are now well into the summer constellations and the more nebulous targets I still found myself looking for galaxies..... NGC 6946 (The Fireworks Galaxy) and open cluster NGC 6939 are very close together right on the border of Cygnus and Cepheus. The galaxy being in Cygnus and the cluster in Cepheus. I needed the wider field of the apo to get them nicely together. The transparency remained quite good throughout the session.  Details: Megrez 88 apo. 15 x 10 minute exposures @ iso1600 with CLS in DSS, FIV, CS2 & XAT.

No comments: