11.4.13

Imaging again

At last a windless evening with some clarity and a temperature that was agreeable to opening the observatory.  With it being my first attempt at some imaging since early December my main concern for the session was that everything was still working OK after the lengthy period of inactivity. I decided on the M 81 group in Ursa Major as I hadn't imaged  the trio before with the apo. Much to my relief there were no problems with equipment apart from a bit of reluctance with the guidescope to run its calibration routine. However it soon resolved itself and I was up and running again under a nicely transparent sky. As well as the bright M 81 at top is M 82 and lower left is the fainter NGC 3077. Details: Megrez 88 apo. 10 x 10 minute exposures @ iso1600 with CLS in DSS, FIV, CS2 & XAT.

No comments: